Thursday, February 12, 2009

Love is in the Air.....

I apologize for my lack of blogging lately. But to be fair, most of my friends in the blogsphere haven't been keeping up as well as they should either! Come on, folks, I need a couple breaks in the day!

Valentine's Day is almost upon us. I like Valentine's day. Even on the years when I was single, I've still enjoyed the holiday. One of my most fun memories on Valentine's was going out with a group of girlfriends from law school for a mexican dinner, and then ending up at an anti-Valentine's party on 6th street. It was great, and we had a blast.

This will be my third Valentine's Day with D. On our first Valentine's, we'd been dating for about 4 or 5 months. He had grand plans of surprising me by whisking me away to San Antonio, walking around the riverwalk, eating a romantic dinner..... well, the coldest weather ever decided to hit Austin and bring some ice with it, so his plans were dashed. He ended up sweet talking the owner of an Italian restaurant that we enjoyed to squeeze us in without reservations. We had a really lovely evening, and it was much warmer than walking around outside :).

Last year was right before I took the bar exam, so Valentine's also functioned as one of the few breaks I got that month. D took me for a fabulous dinner at Del Frisco's where we noshed on some of the most delicious steak I'd ever tasted. He came home with beautiful roses, and he presented me with a piece of paper and told me that it was my present. I opened the paper and it was a "receipt" for a blood donation made at MD Anderson in my honor. It was one of the best presents I ever received, and it definitely reduced me to tears. I think of that as "paying it forward", and I'm thrilled that his donation could have potentially saved the life of a cancer patient.

This year I'm honestly not sure what our plans are. We may stay in, we may go out. I honestly don't care what we do as long as we are together. Love ain't easy, but we've been through thick and thin, and we've still got that strong bond between us that grows even stronger over time.

I hope that you celebrate the love in your life this Valentine's day, whether it's the love of a significant other, friends, family, pets.... Times are tough, and we need to cherish all the wonderful things in our lives.

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

Aw, so sweet.

My best Valentine's Day was last year - a friend and I dressed up in prom dresses, had dinner, and played darts in a dive bar. It was fantastic.

Also, I'm done with the half, what do I have to blog about now??