Friday, January 30, 2009

Friday! Friday! Friday!

I am thrilled it's Friday. I can't believe it has been two weekends since the half. I need to start running again, I'm being too sedentary. I'm going to try and squeeze one in tomorrow in between a morning appointment, lunch, and errands to run..... Yeah, I know, we'll see :/.

Last night E and I went to the Tasting Room for some girl time and vino. The place was definitely bumping, but we managed to find two seats at the bar. E's been traveling a lot lately, so I was really glad to pin her down for a few hours. The night was really fun, and then it took a weird twist at the end.

E and I simultaneously got hit on by guys on either side of us. Her guy was a throw back to 1988, a real charmer who in mid-pick up line stopped to take off his wedding ring and stick it in his pocket. I guess a wedding ring can put a wrench in one's game. He justified it to E by saying it was his third marriage, and she worked all the time. Lame!

My guy was rapidly approaching 50 and a dead ringer for the Brawny paper towel guy, red flannel shirt and all. He kept telling me I was pretty while also commenting on the fact he could be my father. Guh-ross!

But, like an angel sent straight from God, by total randomness, my cousin's friend, A, happened to be at the bar that night, and she ran straight to me and E while we were squirming, trying to find a way to extricate ourselves from our suitors. She kind of pushed them out of the way, began chatting with us, recommended we go outside.... it was the perfect getaway. Thank you, A!!!!

Not much on tap for this weekend beyond the mundane errands, probably some cleaning.... We are having our first mini "party" on Sunday. We are having a few family members over to watch the Super Bowl on the new 52" tv. I'm glad it's family, it's like a practice gathering. Not to undermine any of our family members, but I don't have to be as prepared for them. I think I may need to purchase some more plates, because I don't think we have enough. Hopefully it will be a fun evening. My mom continues to alleviate a lot of the burden by offering to cook. I love my mom :).

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments: