Monday, January 12, 2009

Less than one week

I am less than one week from my half-marathon, and I am skkkeeerrrrrrrddddd! Every time I think about it, I get butterflies in my stomach. I always knew it would happen eventually, but it always seemed so far away, and now..... one week away. Less than one week away!

I picked up my Team in Training stuff last week, and this Friday my running buddy K and I will pick up our official marathon packet. I'm just so nervous that I'll do horribly and embarrass myself in front of all my supporters. I just want to get through it without falling apart.

Before our last group run on Saturday, one of our coaches said "If you cross the finish line without tears coming out of your eyes, there is something wrong with you." I don't think there is anything to worry about with me, I'm actually hoping not to be outright bawling when I cross the finish line. This event is so much more than just a half-marathon to me. It's about the cause, it's about the amazing fundraising I've managed to do (more than $8,500!), it's about tackling a challenge, it's about being healthy enough to complete it..... It's about all those who I am running in honor of. So, yeah, I probably will be bawling as I cross the finish line, and as I see all the people in purple singlets crossing the finish line.

And in case you haven't donated yet......

http://pages.teamintraining.org/txg/houston09/klilienstern

Please.

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

Yeah, I don't have a chance - I cry just reading this.

We will not die. We will not die. We will not die.