Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Moving, running, moving, running

D and I are moving tomorrow. I really, really hate moving, and we are trying to do it on the cheap, which means no movers..... just family :(. I've got to take it easy. My back aches have been flaring up from all the bending and moving boxes, and I don't want ANYTHING hindering me this weekend as I'm running. I'm very grateful that my sister and brother-in-law own a bar and don't work during the day. They will be helping us along with my mother. My mom is better at the "unpacking" part rather than the lifting heavy stuff. Although, I'm glad to have an unpacker on my team, because if there is anything that I hate more than packing..... it's unpacking.

I went to a Team in Training VIP reception last night, and pulled a classic K-- drank a lot of wine and got emotional about cancer stories :). It was fun, though, and it gave me the chance to talk with some people without then having to take off for a 8 mile run or something. People look different in regular clothes!

I'm still getting the butterflies about the event this weekend, but I'm also excited. I keep checking the weather, wondering what it's going to do. I need to plan for all contingencies. I also need to figure out how to carry all the stuff I want to have with me. Ideally, I'll have GUs, car keys, my phone, and a camera. I may have to ditch the camera. I know that I can run comfortably with that other stuff, but a camera might be pushing it. This is a moment where I wish I had my iPhone, so I could take pictures along the route and be accessible! I know friends and family will have cameras, but I want to snap some random shots of what 13.1 miles of Houston looks like on a Sunday morning.

Again, if you haven't donated, please do :). I hope you all will still be my friends after my incessant harassment over the past few months. I promise to give you a few months break from solicitation :).

Go Team!

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

Go Team!



**whimper**