Thursday, January 8, 2009

Step 1: Spending time with friends

Yesterday at work I received an email from Pappasito's advertising 1/2 priced fajitas for 2 every Wednesday night between now and February 11. I sent the email on to a few friends, and I received a reply from my recently married friend BR asking what time D and I were going to meet him and his wife. I had to laugh, he's definitely the type to take a forwarded email as an invitation. But, I thought, why not? I resolved to spend time strengthening my relationships this year, and I hadn't seen them since they returned from their honeymoon.

So, I checked with D, and we made plans to meet them. Since we were doing a later dinner, I also asked a couple of co-workers to grab a drink after work. It was a gorgeous day, so we ventured around the corner to my sister's bar, had a couple glasses of wine, and then I went to pick D up for dinner.

We had a great time with BR and V. They are a really fun couple, and the fajitas were delicious (as were the frozen margaritas, which kind of flies in the face of my goal to lose weight, but I think I kept everything in moderation). After dinner, they treated us to a little TCBY, and we made plans to do it again. I forget about taking moments out from my busy schedule to have a pleasant evening with friends, but I'm so glad we got together with them.

Next Wednesday? Game on!

PS- To all my blogger friends..... start blogging! I'm getting bored looking at old posts :).

No comments: