Friday, September 5, 2008

Headed to F-Town

D and I are headed to Frisco, TX this weekend for his mother's 60th birthday. His dad knows we are coming, but his mom doesn't, so hopefully it will be a happy birthday surprise for her. D's dad is throwing her a party on Sunday afternoon, so I'm sure every single one of their friends will bombard us with questions about when we are getting married. It seems to be a popular theme lately.

I have a 4 mile run tomorrow morning before we can hit the road. Running is still certainly NOT easy for me.... but I am getting better. Kelsey and I were able to run for 25 minutes on Tuesday night. That might not sound awesome to anyone who actually runs, but it was HUGE for the two of us. I was kind of hoping the Rocky soundtrack would start blaring after we'd finished, and we could pump our fists and jump up and down. Oh wait, we could hardly breathe, so maybe it would have been more like collapsing on the ground gasping.

Wednesday night was our track night at Memorial. The purpose is to help us with speed. Sometimes I think I should be working on going further rather than going faster, but it's only one night a week, and I figure it's something different to keep it interesting. Fast is something I'm definitely not right now.... but I think I might be getting a little faster? Day by day? That's how I've got to take this event!

I got my race packet in the mail yesterday for a Komen 5K in October. I figured it would be good to see what an official "race" is like, and it's a good cause. In my spare time, when I'm not curing blood cancers, I like to focus on the other cancers as well :).

So..... keep up the donations, and I'll keep up the running! :)

1 comment:

A.B. said...

I think I'm going to cure hangovers next. Do you think they have a race for that?