Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Relationships

Relationships are tricky. Whether they be relationships with your significant other, relationships with friends, relationships with family.... there is no such thing as a simple relationship. At least when you are discussing relationships you care about.

The good news is that my relationship with D is stronger than ever. I think that once you make the decision to spend your life with someone, and plans for the future become more real, it solidifies the bond between two people. We are solid, and it's an amazing feeling. We spent a lot of the weekend just talking with one another, discussing our hopes and dreams and desires for the future.

Other relationships.... are troubled. I have faith that bridges will heal, but it will take time.

Gosh, that all sounds kind of cryptic :).

In less serious news, I went to IKEA for the first time this weekend. Apparently D and I, along with half of Houston, decided that this was the place to be over labor day weekend. We are looking for furniture, since we will be moving within the next few months, and while law school furniture is awesome and all, we'd like something new. Sadly, furniture is expensive as hell, so IKEA it was! We sifted through a lot of stuff we didn't like, but ended up finding a whole living room worth of furniture that we did like. No purchases on this trip, but we took pictures, and it's in our minds for when we make the jump to a new place.

We also went to the Dynamos game on Sunday night with a group, and it was very fun. Probably a few too many drinks, but it was a merry good time. Soccer games are pretty fun to watch.

Today I am battling with the two sides of my brain. One is telling me to go indulge in some wings for lunch, the other prompting me to eat well. I have actually shed a few pounds, so it would be nice to continue the trend....

Blasted Wings and Things across the street from my office!!!!!

No comments: