Monday, August 25, 2008

Wild Wedding Weekend

Samantha and Joe got married this weekend in a lavish and beautiful wedding. Samantha and I have been friends since freshman year of high school, and I am so happy that I could be a part of her special day. The weekend started on Thursday night with a couples shower, then went into Friday night with the rehearsal and dinner, and finally, Saturday arrived.

The reception was awesome. Open bar, excellent food, and a totally awesome band. Seriously, I think I found the band I want for my wedding. They played all the songs that everyone knows and loves, they had this amazing energy, and the lead singer's name was "Shang" and he had a rat tail/jerry curl. I'm not exactly sure which one it was, but it was awesome.

And.... D agrees with me! He liked the band too! We made a joint decision! Now, we may not have a date, location, budget, or anything else, but we found a band we love. This band was so good that after several glasses of champagne, D even came out on the dance floor. That is practically unprecedented. I wish I had it on film. No one will ever believe me. He denies it ever happened :).

The night ended with several old friends congregating at Lizzard's pub for old times sake. Nell even pulled out high school pictures, and we all went back.... back in time, back to our beginnings :).

No comments: