Friday, October 24, 2008

Sleep Deprived

Honestly, the one week of my brief work career that I really need sleep.... and it's not going so well.

D and I are taking care of my mom's dog since she is out of town for a couple of days. Fine, Lucy is quite adorable, but also very needy. She normally sleeps on my mother's bed, basically on top of her. She craves human contact and gets scared of everything, including the dark. Well, last night she fell asleep downstairs and woke up around 2am. She proceeded to start barking and howling from downstairs in an effort to get someones attention. This woke me from an already restless sleep (I'm dreaming of work). I think both D and I tried to ignore it, until it became unignorable (not a word, but I'm making it one!). I went to the top of the stairs and began yelling at her to come up, which she eventually did, and she finally shut up.

Unfortunately, I was wide awake after that. D fell back to sleep, but I went to the other room with my computer to watch tv online and try to make myself tired again. It did not work. It's now 9:25am, and I have been awake since 2am. Tomorrow morning I'll be up at 6am to set up for our Sunday walk, and Sunday I have to wake up at 3:30am to arrive at 4:45am. Sigh. Sweet, sweet sleep, you will be out of my reach until next week.

I'm doing alright otherwise, the weather is starting to cool down, and it's pretty exciting. It means another mild Texas winter is almost upon us, Halloween is coming up, Thanksgiving after that, and then Christmas! This year D and I are spending Thanksgiving with his family and Christmas with mine, since we are beginning the tradition of flip flopping it every year. And then..... it's going to be time for the half-marathon! It blows my mind that it's so close. I ran for the first time in the chill last night (I can't quite call it cold, but it was chilly). It was an interesting experience. My throat got very dry and slightly pained, so I need to adapt.

It's a busy day in the office, so I'd better get to it!

No comments: