Monday, October 20, 2008

A weekend on my own

Anyone who knows D and I know that we generally spend most of our time together, especially on weekends, since life can get really busy during the week. However, this weekend he came home on Friday night and said a few of his buddies were planning on driving down to NOLA to gamble, drink, and engage in various other boy behavior. I was invited along, but I had things on my calendar, and plus, I would have been the one girl in the middle of a sausage-fest, which wouldn't have been fun for me, and it probably would have tempered the mood for the gentlemen. So, he took off for a trip without me, and I got to spend the weekend on my own.

Don't get me wrong, I love spending time with D. I planning on marrying him, so clearly I consider him worthy of my time. But it was SOOOOOO nice to be able to do what I wanted without having to take someone else into consideration. Friday night was pretty chill for me, since I was supposed to run 6 miles on Saturday morning. Well, somewhere Friday night, my stomach decided it had different plans for me, so the Saturday morning run didn't happen. I spent the day in bed watching the Sex and the City movie, as well as other girly shows that D won't watch with me, and it was awesome. I rallied enough to go to the Dynamos game Saturday night with a group. It was an awesome game, Dynamos won, and somehow I ended up at the 'quis till 2 am. Ooops!

Sunday morning I slept in, lounged in bed for a while, read a book, watched more tv, and basically vegetated. D returned home Sunday evening with presents for me from NOLA, and it was so good to see him. I rarely get the chance to actually miss him since we are always together, but it's a nice reminder of how much I love this man and enjoy and count on his presence in my life.

This week is going to be insanity. My organization is holding one of their fall walk fundraisers this weekend, so I'm going to be working from today through Halloween without a day off. I get tired just thinking about it, but hopefully everything will go smoothly.

I have lots of other things I have wanted to post about including the Presidential Debates, Sarah Palin on SNL, Mark Wahlberg talking to animals, and my newfound love of Paul Mitchell Skinny Serum, but the saltmines are calling me!

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

I was at the Dynamo game, too! I was crazy sick, though. Hope your week goes well! I'll miss you on the Saturday run!