Monday, July 20, 2009

Fab McFaberson weekend

This past weekend was a lot of unexpected fun. Friday night D and I were cooking at home, having a beer, planning a low key night when I got a call from one of my long lost friends from law school, KC. She and my other long lost law school friend, E, were in town from Austin for an event that their firm was having at Armadillo Palace. The firm invited all the offices from around the country to partake in this event. That means free food and drinks all night. We were sold :).

We showed up, and KC proceeded to look through the pile of nametags and pick 2 of the most generic names possible, and gave them to us. D and I were "John and Mary Smith". We soon dispensed with the formality, since no one cared we were crashers, and we ate, drank, danced, and had a merry time. They had a butt caricaturist there. Yes, butt. He drew people from the behind. D and I got a really sweet picture of us with our arms around each other. When the clock struck one am, we turned into pumpkins and headed home.

I woke up Saturday morning with a headache. A headache only to rival the headache of my beloved. After some water and Motrin, I shuttled myself to the gym (I've been on a crazy awesome work out streak!!!) and got my workout in. Saturday night, D and I went over to my friend S's house to check it out. We hadn't seen S in a few months, and his home was great. D declared a craving for shrimp and grits, so the three of us went over to Pesce, and it was delicious. D got his shrimp and FABULOUS grits, and I had herb crusted grouper with risotto (also very good). It was a really nice night and has potentially inspired a city-wide shrimp and grits tour.

Sunday was another wake up and work out day, followed by grocery shopping, and an afternoon of lazy tv watching with D. We checked watched the first two episodes of Hung, a new show on HBO. Like most HBO shows, it was quality. Another keeper for us.

Monday was rough, getting back into the groove is always tough.... but the good news is that I'm headed out of town this weekend for a quick in-state jaunt with a friend, and then next week D and I leave for colorful Colorado!!!!!!!

1 comment:

SAM! said...

http://problemaniacs-problemania.blogspot.com/ plz join we r waiting