Friday, July 10, 2009

Friday is my Day

Oh, sweet, sweet Fridays. I love being on the brink of stepping into the weekend, not waking up early (well, at least until TNT starts!), and having wide open options. Tonight I'm going to hang with one of my best girlfriends, my mom. We are going to grab some drinks and dinner and dish about wedding stuff. It's wonderful to hang out with her, since I try and avoid boring D with wedding details :).

Tomorrow I am getting my FIRST haircut in over TWO years. This is big. It's been about two years since I shaved my head, and it's all grown back, but I've still been so reluctant to cut any off. Part of that is because the front is still shorter than the back and to cut it means that pulling it back is going to be more difficult. But, my little ends are ragged, and so it means that it's time. I'm just going to get a little trim, just a little baby step, and then I'll probably keep growing it out for a while, with interim trims, till the wedding. I want long wedding hair to do.... well, something with. I haven't given much thought to wedding hairstyles, except I think I want it up.

Tomorrow night is the two hour season finale of a show D and I have come to love-- Harper's Island. It's a murder mystery tv show, and it's been really interesting. I'm very curious to see how things turn out. If you missed this one, I suggest renting it if it comes out on DVD. I would have actually preferred to see it that way, one after the other. Waiting for weeks is hard!

Sunday D and I are joining some family friends for dinner, so all in all, a pretty chill weekend with some running thrown in for good measure.

Turning back to last weekend, we went up to Frisco to visit D's parents for his birthday/4th of July. It was definitely nice to getaway, and their backyard is the best place to watch about 12 different fireworks shows in surrounding communities. I love it! We didn't get to go jet skiing this year, which was a bummer, but we relaxed, read books, watched baseball, went to a movie.... a much needed mini getaway.

Speaking of getaways, D and I are going to Colorado for a week at the end of July. *SQQQQEEAAAAAAAA!!!!!!* I'm psyched, I LOVE summers in Colorado, and I haven't been since we sold our house up there right after my parents split. I can't wait for a vacation.

Other than that, it's just work, a little play, and the beast that is my wedding.

No comments: