Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Having trouble springing forward

I don't know if it's the time change, or a general lack of sleep, but I am perma-exhausted. I really NEEDED that hour of sleep on Sunday morning..... I suppose i should quit complaining, the weekend was otherwise lovely.

Friday, my work had our annual golf tournament. ome of my exhaustion my stem from the fact that I woke up at 3am to get ready and head out to the course. It wasn't a nearby golf course, so it took us some time to get out there. I was in charge of volunteers for the event, and most things went smoothly, but not all. We definitely had some people just not show up, which is incredibly frustrating. I wish people understood how vital volunteers are to an event, especially when you only have a staff of 7, and how much we need them to come if they say they are coming!!!! Ok, rant over. We worked through minor snafus, and the day mostly went off without a hitch.

Friday night, D arranged for us to go see Watchmen with another couple. It wasn't a movie I was thrilled about seeing, but he'd been dying to see it for a while and watching a movie is a fairly low key way of spending a night after waking up at 3am. Before the movie started, D leaned over and said, "It's okay if you need to fall asleep, I just wanted to be near you." I took his sweet comment literally and fell asleep on his shoulder for the first hour a half of the movie, which made the last hour not incredibly interesting. Some advice, though: THIS IS NOT A MOVIE FOR CHILDREN. There is lots and lots of naked.

After my movie nap, I seemed to catch a second wind, and we went out for some beers with M and E, the couple we saw the movie with. M is a co-worker of D's, and we'd spent time with them at the St. Arnold's Team in Training Fundraiser we attended earlier that week. It was a pleasant evening, but we both crashed hard when we came home.

Saturday D woke up early go to work (stupid lawyering), and I cleaned. D's parents came in town Saturday afternoon to spend the night with us, hang out, go to dinner, bring us some barstools, and see the new place. We had a great time with them. We went to America's on Saturday night, a place I hadn't been since college, and it was amazing. We order crawfish taquitos, crab fingers in a lemon butter sauce, and empanadas as an appetizer, I got the churraso steak for dinner, and then we split tres leches and bread pudding for dessert. It was incredible.

Sunday morning we awoke all too early (or too late?) with the time change, went to breakfast at Le Peep, and his parents took off for Frisco. I lazed the day away while D went back to work and then went to a dinner at my aunt's house. She had about 30 people over for a dinner party in honor of some friends visiting from Greece. As with any Greek event, there was food, food, and more food. Ug, gluttony was the theme of the weekend.

And now I have 4 more days of work, and then off to Cabo on Sunday!

2 comments:

A.B. said...

Tell me more about Cabo!!!!! (and the wedding dress debate of '09!)

Kelsey said...

I am exhausted, too!

Sounds like a great weekend! Lots of yummy food!

We need to hang out, soon. A friend of mine has a happy hour at Howl at the Moon on Friday, if you are interested. 50 cent drinks! it's 5-8pm. Let me know!