Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The wedding just got more real!

Happy Tuesday to all... oh, 6 or so of my readers :). Whatever, this provides a lovely way of keeping my friends up-to-date on my life.

This past weekend was very fun. I spent all day Saturday wedding dress hunting with my mom and younger sister. I have a newfound respect for anyone who works in a wedding dress store. I would have driven myself crazy. I think my problem is that I didn't have a real concept of what I wanted and what would look good to me. I tried on a few dresses that I thought looked great on the hanger.... but they weren't great on me. It really helped having someone to help me one on one. The first place we went to was my favorite, I think, and it is there that I found three dresses that I loved.... three dresses I would have never picked out for myself, but that the owner of the store suggested I try on. What a difference a little perspective makes. She definitely saw something I didn't see, and I ended up falling in love with her suggestions.

I wish I could have three weddings, I don't know how to pick just one.

The three dresses all happened to be by the same designer, who is having a trunk show at the end of March, which means 10% discount. Woo! It may not sound like a lot, but it's a nice chunk off an expensive dress.

It seems crazy to me in the logical part of my head to spend so much money on a dress you'll only wear once. But the girly, giddy side of me thinks it's a great investment in my beautifulness that day :).

And trying on a wedding dress does serve as the best motivation ever to lose weight. Hence the hour-long power lift class I did at the gym this morning. OUCH. Please don't ask me to lift my arms over my head today, I just won't be able to comply.

The part that made it seem the most real? Not trying on the dress, not getting opinions from my mom, not telling the story of how we got engaged or when our wedding date was..... but trying on that veil. Wow. So bridal!

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

Aw, yay! I am so excited for you!