Friday, March 27, 2009

It's been a while....

I've been guilty of what I get annoyed with others for doing- ignoring my blog! I know all 5 of you must be sorely disappointed in me :).

But, in my defense, I spent the last couple of weeks sick, then in Cabo, then sick again and catching up at work, and now I finally have a few moments.

Cabo was amazing. I went with my mom, two sisters, and my younger sister's friend. We relaxed in the sun during the day, went out at night, read lots of books, ate delicious food..... It was a perfect, relaxing trip. I'd been suffering bouts of insomnia before going on the trip, and I think it let me de-stress and let all the "toxins" out.

I've been plagued by sickness for the last couple of weeks. I missed my last two days of work before coming on this trip. I just felt icky, sore, headachy, tired, alternatingly chilled/hot.... I'm better now, but I still have a cough I haven't quite been able to shake.

I am in full blown wedding mode. I'm on the hunt for a reception venue and a band right now. Once I get those two things secured, I will feel sooooooooo much more relaxed about the whole thing. Places are already starting to book for my date, a little more than a year away.... crazy! As a result, I'm seeing 6 venues within the next week. It makes my mind hurt a little thinking about it. I just want to get that part out of the way.

You know you are marrying the one when they tell you to plan the wedding that YOU want, and they will be happy because it makes you happy. It's very strange, I was never the girl who planned her wedding in her head, I always pictured myself married one day and imagined it being a fun event, but I never really had a sketch of it in my mind. Right now I have the chance to figure out what I like, and I hope to plan something that screams of D and me. What makes me happiest is that at the end of the day, yes, I am excited about the wedding, but I'm even more excited about the marriage and the adventures to come. Part of why this wedding is important to me is because I get to pledge my love and devotion to this man in front of God, my friends, and my family, and that is so special to me.

Alright, I'm jumping off the mush train now. It's Friday, and I'm wedding-it all day tomorrow, from dress to two venue appointments to checking out live performance from a potential band. It's one of those wedding weekends!

No comments: