Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Of Cancer, Money, Marriage, and Men

I'll start off with the quick good news- had my usual 4 month tests at MD Anderson. Unpleasantness, but the test results from this morning were great. No cancer! Wooooooo!

Money- Ug, love it and hate it. The spending diet didn't go quite as planned, but I think I did alright. I'm going to keep working at it. It's tough when unexpected things come up. For example, I found a good price on a plane ticket last week that I would have needed to buy at some point..... so I did it then. I'm going to E's Vegas bachelorette party in June, and I'm all about a deal. I'm still not a perfect spender, but it's been alright.

Marriage- for once, not about me! D and I went to an "anti" wedding shower this weekend for E and S. It was the kind of party where you wear a fake mustache made out of felt, and there are shirts that proclaim people's love for bacon. The rule was the gift had to be $10 or less from a convenience or drug store, so we went with the ever-popular lottery tickets, a mix of scratch offs and mega millions quick picks. We played beer pong and bean bag toss, grilled out, jammed to old school Michael Jackson, and eventually walked over to Lizzard's. It was a really fun night.

Sunday we ventured to my sister's house for Easter, which involved drinking, grilling out, staging an easter egg hunt for the kids..... very fun day.

And men? I've got the best one!!!!! That's it. :)

This week is super busy, I have a bunch of stuff going on, including my very first event that I planned and executed myself. Please keep your fingers crossed that it goes well!

2 comments:

Angela Stockbridge said...

I LOVED hearing from you. :)

I will send you a more detailed email tomorrow.

We need to get together.

My "word verification" to leave a comment is "suckle." This may be funny because I am drunk.

Kelsey said...

Sounds like a good weekend! I'm stumbling a bit with the spending, too, but I'm getting better.

Let's hang out really soon!