Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Pet Peeve # 417: Overcologning

This post kind of functions as a PSA to men: Please, please, please stop slapping on the cologne so liberally. I got overcologned in the elevator this morning, and the stench is still permeating my nostrils.

I have found that the most common offenders are a) old men, b) foreign men, and c), the worst offenders of all, old foreign men. This statement isn't meant to be a stereotype or generalization.... well, maybe it is, but I find it to be true. I feel like I have intimate knowledge, being Greek and all. Old Greek men LOVE them some cologne.

I don't understand. I love it when you can smell a subtle musk on a man. Why would anyone believe you have to throw on half a bottle in order to achieve that effect? Doesn't it get expensive? It's awful, and it is most awful when you are trapped in small spaces, like elevators. If you can still smell the cologne after the offender has exited the space, IT IS TOO MUCH.

So, please, gentlemen, please take away this lesson for future reference: tone down the cologne!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel your pain. lol But actually i notice more women doing this than men. Heavily perfumed body wash for the shower. Heavily perfumed hand and body lotion. Hair spray (maybe) and then on top of all of that...perfume!

Can't get on the elevator without an asthma inhaler and a gas mask! lol

Kelsey said...

Ugh. I hate that SO much.