Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Spring showers.....

So, I'm now mildly concerned about what the weather is going to do on our wedding day next year, with all the rain we've had this month. We are scheduled for April 10, 2010, and it could be absolutely gorgeous, or it could be flooding. It's in God's hands! Although, it might make sense for it to be pouring rain during the day, stop during the ceremony, and then it can pour again after everyone is safely in the reception venue. That's kind of how our engagement day went down. God cleared up the skies just long enough for D to propose outdoors, just the way he wanted. Luckily, I was smart enough not to plan any portion of the wedding outdoors, but there are optional outdoor "components", and who wants bad weather frizzing everyone's hair, and getting people wet as they enter and leave buildings?

We have a church, a reception venue (and with that comes food/booze/cake), and I have a dress. Next on the list is photographer, videographer, and band. It's a lot of work getting this all done, but it's just so worth it to me. I do lots of research into every aspect in the hopes of making it a fantastic day. I can't wait to be Mrs. D! I love the hell outta him. :)

It's a busy week at work with our upcoming gala this weekend. My hopes are that the weather clears up by the weekend so that our guests don't have to contend with it. Event week=jeans all week, which is awesome.

This is short, gotta get back to work!

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

Good luck this week!

And I'm sure the wedding will be all kinds of amazing!