Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Just call me an insomniac

Sweet, sweet sleep, where have you been? Seriously, over the past few months, I'll have 1-2 nights a week that I cannot sleep, so I'll leave our bedroom and watch tv on the couch until I doze off around 4am, only to be awakened by the blaring alarm clock what feels like minutes later. This past weekend I couldn't sleep Friday night, so I pulled couch duty, worked 18 hours Saturday, slept from around 3am-10am, and then couldn't fall asleep until after 4am on Sunday night. Last night, while grocery shopping, I picked up some Tylenol Simply Sleep and fell asleep at 9pm until 8am this morning. It was awesome, but I have a definite sleep hangover today, and that combined with the fact I don't want to get addicted to any pills means that I'm going to keep trying to go at it the natural route unless I hit a wall of a few nights in a row.

My mind just races. D is so sweet, he does a lot to try and relax and comfort me, but my mind moves too fast. I've also had several bad dreams lately, the kind that jolt me out of sleep. I don't know what's going on with me, but the happy thing about the sleep pills last night were that they were more powerful than my racing brain.

This week is shaping up to be a good one. D and I are headed to the baseball game tomorrow night, and then I have a girl date on Thursday night for wine and hummus with the fabulous E. I'm ready for May to go a little faster, because I am dying for the three day memorial day weekend. I'm hoping my older sister will have some sort of funday at her home. I'm ready to head back to the pool for the summer! The weather has been a little all over the place lately, ranging from flooding rains to summer heats, but that just means we're in Houston :).

Back to work for me...... think sleepy thoughts for me tonight.

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

Ugh. I used to be a terrible insomniac. Now I have all kinds of tricks. Discuss over wine? Lots of other stuff to talk to you about!