Friday, June 13, 2008

And after a long pause....

... I've decided to start blogging again. I'm not really sure why I've picked this moment to begin writing again, maybe I'm just bored at work, maybe I'm just feeling *inspired*, but here I go.

I'm 25. I love sushi, tulips, the tv show 30 Rock, Padma Lakshmi, cashmere socks, headbands, champagne, heating pads, baths, and babies.

I dislike onions, traffic, malls, pina coladas, my memory failure, being told what to do, aggressive salespeople, vomiting, hospitals, and cinnamon gum.

What will I be talking about? Anything I feel like. I'll probably spend a fair amount of time on some of the following topics.....

I'm a law school grad and a licensed attorney, but I've rejected the law as a profession. At least for the time being. I've entered the nonprofit sector, and I find it much better suited to my personality. I do occasionally think about the freedom that might come with a six figure salary, but I also have to consider the misery that I would feel being bored out of my skull. I understand that there are about a million different areas of law, but I think for the time being, I have chosen the right place for myself. I'm still in a transitional period, trying to get back on my feet.

Cancer. That's another thing that has about a million different areas. It wouldn't be an accurate blog about my life if I didn't broach this subject. I'm a cancer survivor. It's still so crazy for me to say, because it's so hard for me to even believe that I had cancer. I spent the majority of 2007 so sick, not because of the cancer itself, but because of the awful, invasive, painful treatments I endured. Chemo SUCKS. I had chemo every other week for about 7 months. Oh, the weeks in between chemo treatments were glorious. I almost felt human again. But then the chemo weeks... I have no words to describe the experience. I will probably try and find some in upcoming posts.

I'm in love. Deep, crazy, complete, mad love. I've been with this man for almost two years, and my heart still flutters when he walks into a room. He is my best friend, my complete partner who loves me despite my flaws and faults. Naturally, our relationship isn't perfect, I don't think there is any such thing. But my world is a happier place to live in because he is in it.

My hair. It may sound ridiculous, but I am obsessed with my hair growth. I shaved my head during the whole cancer debacle after it started falling out en masse. It was a moment of control in an otherwise uncontrollable situation. But, let's be honest here, I'm not a very hot bald chick. The good news is that my hair is growing back, but it seems like it's taking forever. It probably seems petty in light of everything I have gone through to be so focused on my hair, but I don't care, I'm being honest :). I think any woman would understand. And if I had a nickel for every time some schmo called me "sir" when I didn't have my wig on, I'd be a far wealthier lady than I am now. So, I'm trying to figure out what to do with this short hair, hence my newfound love for headbands.

Work. I'm a poor nonprofit employee, but I like my job, and I like my co workers. I won't go into too many specifics about work, but I spend a lot of time here, so it will come up.

So, let's see how long this attempt lasts!

No comments: