Thursday, June 26, 2008

It's raining, it's pouring....

I don't know how I manage to forget what June weather is like every year. You start off the day very warm, then it turns to unbearably hot, then it temporarily cools down for an afternoon thunderstorm, then it heats back up, and then just gets nice and sticky humid in the evening.

Now that I am working, I have come to rely on the afternoon thunderstorm. I stop, take a break, stare out the window, watch the people in the parking lot below try and avoid getting soaked, and occasionally wait for the power to come back on if it's a strong storm.

The storm just passed for this afternoon, but it's still pretty gray outside. I don't mind that too much, though. I am in an office that has windows across almost every wall, so on sunny days, it gets unbelievably hot. Since we are a nonprofit, we don't suffer from the same chronic over-air conditioning as the rest of Houston does. I spend a lot of days sweating it to the end at my desk.

Tonight is the one year anniversary of my sister and brother-in-law's bar, so I'll be stepping out. I'll be stepping very slowly, though. I did lunges a couple days ago during my workout, and I kind of want to cut my legs off and use them to beat myself. I want hot, sexy legs and thighs though (I sound like I'm placing an order for chicken!), and I'll do what it takes to get there.

But for now, I'm going to continue my lazy moment, looking out the window, waiting for the clock to strike 5.

No comments: