Monday, June 23, 2008

I make the most of weekends

It was another awesome weekend, which makes Monday both bearable and bittersweet. I think anyone would agree that going back to work on Mondays is a rough thing... but knowing a potentially great weekend is only 5 days away helps immensely.

Friday night D and I worked out, grabbed some dinner to go, and then came home and watched movies in bed. Last week at work was a real b*tch, so I passed out pretty early. Saturday I had lunch with family, did some baking, painted my nails.... went to dinner with D, caught a couple of movies (buy one ticket, view two movies), and then came home. Sunday Funday was an expanded version this week with my brother-in-law's family in town. More kids, more people, more food, more sangria :). It was a fantastic day, and I slept like a baby last night.

This week is another big one at work. I'm leading a training later this week, which I'm pretty nervous about, since I'm kind of learning as I go. I'm trying to abide by the philosophy of "fake it till you make it".

So, I had a dream last night that my hair had finally grown our to shoulder length, and I was advised in order to have REALLY healthy hair, I had to shave it off again. It was awful, I think I might have woken up crying. I focus on my hair far more than I should, but it's been so tough over the past year dealing with this feeling of being so unattractive. Being sick, gaining weight, losing my hair... all of those factors worked in tandem to make me feel like the unsexiest woman in the world.

I'm incredibly lucky to be with a man who sees beyond the physical and sees ME underneath it. He thinks I am beautiful and that does help. And I'm trying to be as proactive as possible. That means taking good care of my health, exercising, eating right.... I can't do much about the hair part, except not cut it, but I'm finally starting to see progress. Clearly, I haven't been bald for a while, but it's finally getting a little bit of length. It's finally looking "girly". I honestly had no idea it would take this long to grow!

Okay, enough of the superficial. Please don't judge me for it :).

I have had a few very odd, vivid dreams lately. Apparently the other night I was having a dream there were lots of bugs on the wall, and I shot up in bed, panting, and pointing to the wall, scaring the shit out of D. I don't remember the incident, but he apparently had to calm me down and get me back to sleep.

Anyway, over the next few weeks I'll be busy at work, D is turning 30 (and big surprises will be in store!), we will be traveling to Frisco to visit his parents over 4th of July, and I will finally reach my 90 days at work, which means I get vacation/comp days.... who knows where I'll end up?

No comments: