Friday, December 19, 2008

12 miles? What the fuuuuuuuuu...........

Tomorrow I will be waking up at 4am to drive out to way, way West Houston to meet all the Team in Training groups from around the city for our 12 mile run (21 for the full-marathoners). Good lord, I didn't think I would make it to this point. They are going to try and simulate real marathon conditions. We are supposed to wear the clothes we think we might wear on marathon day, eat the same thing, carry the same stuff.....

It sounds totally intimidating to me right now. 12 miles? As D said this morning, oh-so-helpfully, "I don't even want to drive 12 miles".

I'll do it. I'm confident I'll make it through the mileage. There may be some walking involved. Who am I kidding, there will most definitely be some walking involved. I'm still not a runner. I think going from zero to half-marathon in 6 months was a little ambitious.

I'm still so committed to the cause, and so committed to following through, so I'm going to grit my teeth and do it! I'll have my running buddy with me, and we'll make it through a sucky morning :).

I'm actually going to play it low key tonight. Sometimes I have a problem doing that. I'm a fun-loving girl, what can I say? :)

They have asked me to say a few words before we begin the run tomorrow. Gulp. This is going to be a large group, and I hope I don't stumble over myself. Or fall down. Or burp or fart or something. That would be bad.

I think I'll start practicing my speech now!

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

We can do it! And then we can pass out after!

Holy crap, who are we kidding?

The speech will be awesome, though.

A.B. said...

YAY!!! how was it?