Monday, December 8, 2008

I think I might hate running

I think I'm hitting a running wall. I hate that it's the only kind of exercise I have time for. I hate that I'm still awful at it, and that I only seem to be getting worse. I hate the fact that running has to dictate my entire schedule, because not running for a day doesn't just mean not exercising, but it means not training for this event that I have signed up for in just a little more than a month. Gulp. The cold weather is, oddly, making running even harder on me. I'm having terrible trouble with my breathing, and it is hindering my endurance. I HATE YOU, RUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, calm down.... vent over..... I just experienced some extreme frustration in the past few days, and a true realization that I'm probably not going to be able to run this whole thing. I'm scared of even being able to run most of it. I feel like I've made a promise to lots of people, and I am letting them down. I've also been having some terrible back pain. I've had lower back problems for years, and sometimes it flares up worse than others. It's becoming increasingly difficult on my back, especially during the long distances.

Alright, enough about that. January 18, I'm going to be there and put forth the best effort I can, and I will continue to put forward my best efforts until that day.

A quick recap: Thanksgiving was great, I enjoyed spending time with D's family. We did some shopping up in Frisco, and we looked at about 30 different furniture stores. Seriously, D's new favorite hobby is home furnishings. It's all he wants to do! We found some very cute home accessories at Ross and Marshall's. D is also really into vases :).

Last week was fairly uneventful at work, and Friday night I had two parties. One was D's firm Christmas party, the second was a birthday party for my friend M...... and it was a slumber party! Yay! I got all fancy and gambled with fake money at D's party, which was actually quite fun. I got very lucky for a while playing roulette. I left him behind to head over to M's, where we drank grown up party drinks, gossipped, and ate Crave cupcakes. I swear, they will be my downfall.

Saturday I did some shopping, and we bought a Christmas tree. Sunday I volunteered with my sister's organization, the Pink Ribbons project, and Sunday night we put on Christmas music and decorated the tree. All in all, a fabulous weekend.

This week I go back to MD Anderson for my next round of tests. It would be the most awesome Christmas gift ever to know that I'm still in remission. I still get so scared and nervous. I'll get my results of Thursdays tests at my doctor's appointment the following Tuesday. So, if you could all start thinking healthy thoughts for me, I'd appreciate it.

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

You and I will finish this thing, even if there is a lot of walking involved. It is still a huge accomplishment - I've seen how much effort you've put into it. Our bodies aren't cooperating right now, but in a little over a month, we never have to run again. Ever.

Good luck with the tests!