Monday, December 15, 2008

A small wedding?

This past weekend I attended the wedding of my college buddy, BR. The wedding was small, only about 80 people, but it was very fun. I realized the advantages of having a smaller wedding. Everyone there is "a-list". You have your closest family and friends in attendance to witness your big day. You have the opportunity to speak with everyone without feeling like you spend your entire night talking to your father's dentist's son's wife our of obligation. There is an opportunity for lots of people to toast the couple. There is a certain feeling of intimacy, which is nice.

They had a great DJ, and the music was very fun. BR's wife is from Colombia, so they found a nice balance of American Latin fusion. It was a beautiful wedding, and all of my college friends had a great time.

I had dinner last night with my friends MM and J. MM cooked fabulous crab cakes, and a chocolate lava cake to die for. I think it will need to be a repeat recipe, since D loves the chocolate lava cake at Fleming's.

Last full week of work before the holidays..... and tomorrow I get the results from last week. Please say a prayer for me if you have a chance. I want a healthy holiday season!

1 comment:

Denise said...

Saying a prayer and crossing all crossables for you, Kelli!

~Denise