Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Happy (almost) Thanksgiving!

When 2pm rolls around today, I'll be heading out to begin my holiday! Almost a week off of work...... yay! This afternoon I'm going to be doing the 10 mile run I missed last weekend. I'm pretty intimidated, it's the greatest mileage I have ever tackled, but I'm trying to be smart about it. I am spending the morning hydrating... lots and lots of water. Then I'll stop in a few minutes so that I am not sloshy or crampy this afternoon. I mapped out my route online, and it's going to take me through my neighborhood, up to Rice to do a loop around the outside of campus, and winding back through the neighborhood. We'll see how this goes.

D and I are headed up to the greater Dallas area tomorrow to spend Thanksgiving with his family. I'm excited to see them and getaway from Houston for a few days. It will be my first Thanksgiving away from my family, so I'm curious to see how they do it. I don't think I have any cooking duties, so maybe I'll just sit back and eat and eat and..... eat :).

I may or may not post anything while I'm gone, so if not, I hope everyone has a happy, safe, wonderful thanksgiving.... there is a lot to be thankful for even in difficult times, and I hope we all focus on the good things in our lives.

2 comments:

A.B. said...

Make sure to drink some gatorade! Good luck on your run. I'm a big fan of these for my long runs by myself http://www.fuelforadventure.com/clutch.html

Kelsey said...

Good luck with your 10!

And Happy Turkey Day!