Tuesday, November 11, 2008

My new obsessions

My new obsessions are happily very economical. I have really gotten into talk radio and podcasts. I listen to 740 ktrh on the way home from work everyday. It's interesting, that station definitely has a conservative slant, and sometimes I'm astounded by the things I hear (yes, that one was for you, Sean Hannity). Mostly I tune in for the Michael Berry show which starts at 5pm, which is generally when I get off of work. He's a conservative, but is willing to take a look at the other side, and I can respect that. He had me in stitches with his FEMA bashing after hurricane Ike. I would definitely put myself in the moderate to liberal category, but I think in order to believe what I believe, I need to know what the other side's take is as well.

Along the same lines of talk radio, I'm really into downloading podcasts for free to listen to while I run. For some reason, they keep me distracted more easily than music. Maybe it's because I can get new ones every day and not deal with any repeats. I've been listening to a bunch of health and nutrition related podcasts. I figure that it doesn't hurt to listen to talk about being healthy while I'm running and trying to be healthy. Extra motivation, I guess.

My day off has been fabulous so far, and I plan to continue on the path of laziness and do-nothingness :).

1 comment:

A.B. said...

I was thinking of doing books on tape... but alas, I simply listen to mindless music, like taylor swift, karma chamelion, and kanye west.
Yay for continuing my dumb streak :) I'm impressed by you!