Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Tuesday night ritual

Every Tuesday night, I come home, go for a run, shower, and cook dinner. We eat dinner, and then we sit down to watch Eli Stone at 9pm. D and I LOVE Eli Stone. It's one of those shows we started watching on a whim last season, and we both connected with it. It's somewhat rare that D and I agree on television choices (he'd prefer to watch CNBC while I love the trashy, scandalous, horribleness of reality tv). We both look forward to this show, and it has become out Tuesday night ritual to cuddle on the couch and watch it. I like having small things in life that I can count on :).

Last night I decided to work on speeding things up, so I ran my first mile at a pace that was more than 3 minutes faster than normal. Of course, this meant I had to stop and walk for a bit afterwards, but it was good to know I had it in me. I need to work on endurance, but I also need to keep working somewhat on speed. Every once in a while. Occasionally :).

Tonight is more running, dinner, and Top Chef!!!!!!! That is one of those shows D isn't dying to watch with me, but I love, love, love it! Saturday is going to be insanity with a 10 mile run at 6am, volunteering at the Greek festival starting at 10am (come out and join us!!!), and a birthday party for one of D's buddies Saturday night. I'm going to be a limp ragdoll by the end of the evening, but on the upside, next week is a day and a half work week, and then D and I are headed to Frisco to spend Thanksgiving with his family. I love Thanksgiving. Love, love love it :).

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

Yay Top Chef!

Also, I probably need to work on speed, too, but it's enough work just to get the runs in, especially with the sun going down so soon!