Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Elections, weddings, and running

It's election day! I love it, one because I find it pretty exciting, especially considering what a huge, hyped election this will be, and secondly, because I am so ready for it to be over. Politics has dominated all news coverage over the past year, with the exception of the economy. I think America is tired of hearing it, tired of hearing negative campaigning, and ready for a new leader. I'll be watching election coverage tonight, courtesy of the "liberal elite media". ;) D forgot to change his registration to Houston, so he's actually driving to Austin this afternoon to cast his vote. I find this devotion to the political process very sexy :).

Weddings! My very dear friend, E, just got engaged, and she and I have been chitter chattering about weddings and engaged people stuff all over the place. It's very fun to have a friend going through this with you at the same time. D and I have just started wedding planning, and it's kind of a daunting process. It's also hard to agree on everything. We are trying to keep the numbers down, but with his list and my list alone, the numbers have already exploded. This does not include my parents and his parents. We are going to have to do some major paring down, because weddings are expensive! Wedding dress hunting online is one of my new favorite hobbies. I am not going to officially start looking until I get to the size I would like to be as a bride, which I'm hoping will be in the spring. But, I have a feeling it's going to take a while to find the right dress, so I'm going to start early.

Finally, running! This past Saturday was a 7 mile run, and I would venture to say it was the best run yet. It wasn't perfect, but I do sense my progress. It was dark for most of our run, but since the time change, we should be getting more light on our runs from now on. The only problem was the mosquitoes. Even when it gets a little cooler in Houston, we still have to contend with the humidity. Last night I did my 30 minute Monday run, and it went really well. I was able to complete the whole 30 minutes without too much trouble. Running is still not "easy" and I don't know that it ever will be for me, but it's getting "easier".

Now back to work, and waiting for the end of the day and election night!

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

Yay for the election finally finishing up (hopefully well)!

And BOOO for running! You ready for 10 miles??