Monday, November 10, 2008

I got caught!

I'm not really much of a shopper. I like new things, but I hate shopping, so I infrequently get new clothes unless my mother and sister go out shopping and bring me home some goodies.

This trait is a positive one considering D and I are in super saving mode. We want to cut spending and focus on putting money away for our future. In order to accomplish that goal, we have cut back in various ways including bringing our lunch to work, eating out less, enjoying wine nights at home instead of going out, and putting the kibosh on gratuitous shopping. Well..... I got caught this morning. :(

The one store that is my major downfall is Target. It's a store that I frequently enter because I need necessities such as toiletries and groceries, and I sometimes find myself gazing at cute, cheap clothing. A couple of weeks ago I gave into my desires and bought a cute dress that is work appropriate as well as "going out" appropriate for under $30. I thought this was a great deal, so I took it home, hung it in my closet, and conveniently forgot to tell D. :)

Well, this morning I put on my cute dress, thinking he will never notice. Oh, no, he noticed. Somehow my fiance has a photographic memory when it comes to my wardrobe, and he immediately asked me where I got the dress, how long I'd had it, etc. I cracked under the pressure and admitted that I had been..... gulp..... shopping. Luckily, D was cool about it, but I'm back in super saver mode now. Sometimes I forget that I'm combining my life and my finances and I have to think about more than just myself. Just a little self-revelation for the day :).

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

Ha! I do the same thing at Target!