Monday, November 10, 2008

And things calm down

My organization had our second walk this weekend, and it was crazy and zooey, but it went pretty well. I am quite glad to be done, though, because it means life around here is going to calm down a bit. It also means no more 3:30am wake up calls for a while.

An unfortunate consequence of the walk and being on my feet, running around for 8 hours was some serious tweaking of my back. I have had lower back problems for years, and the problems flair up when I am on my feet for an extended period of time, particularly when I am under stress. My plan yesterday was to go for my long run, but I decided in the interest of not permanently inflicting damage to my body, I would take the day off, rest and recuperate. A day did me good, and while I have some mild pain, I think I am alright for my run this evening.

Friday night my co-workers and I congregated for dinner at my co-worker AS's apartment. She made us a delicious meal of grilled beef in a honey ginger marinade, twice baked sweet potatoes, asparagus, and a pound cake recipe from cooking light. It was awesome, and we went through several bottles of wine. I'm very pleased that we were all able to wake up a mere few hours later and be on the ball at walk :). D and I also found out on Friday that we have been approved for our new apartment! We are going to be moving into a rather swank high rise apartment building. When we began our apartment search, we didn't anticipate it leading us to this kind of place, but we went looking on a whim, and we both fell in love. It is a pretty sweet place with lots of amenities, and we have an incredible 31st floor view. We'll be moving in January, so if you are my friend, expect me to beg for moving help :).

I spent yesterday being lazy. D and I went out for brunch, and then took a look over at Linens and Things. They are going out of business within the next couple of months, so we got a few odds and ends for the new place. I continued with laziness for the rest of the day.

Today is Monday, but we have tomorrow off from work (yay!). So, I'm slowly trying to get back into the groove of things. We are all pretty tired around here, but happy the walk went so well.

No comments: