Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I really, really love baseball

I haven't always loved baseball, but it is far and away my favorite sport now. I thought it was boring and slow as a kid, but since I've gotten older and given it a chance, I'm turned into a major baseball face.

D loves baseball even more than I do, so we watch a lot of the sport. This past weekend, the Cubs were in town, and we went to both the Friday and Saturday night games. His folks came in town for the Saturday game, so we were four baseball fans spending a day at the ball park. Very cool.

This morning I had the opportunity to attend a commercial shoot advertising my nonprofit's fall walk to cure the disease. We have a partnership with the Houston Texans, and we got Mario Williams as our spokesperson this year. I'm not a huge football fan, but Mario Williams will forever be the guy that took Vince Young's spot in Houston in my eyes. However, I find it very cool that he is willing to be our spokesman, and he is apparently quite good. He came out this morning all suited up, and he was very sweet to the 10 kids we recruited to be in the commercial. The kids were extremely adorable, and they were excited to be a part of it. The funny thing was that Toro, the Texans mascot, was also present and in the commercial. Some of the younger kids didn't have a clue who Mario Williams was, so they ignored him and showered all their attention on Toro. Not that they knew who Toro was, but I bet he definitely seems cooler than a real person to a kid.

All in all, a pretty interesting day!

No comments: