Sunday, July 20, 2008

Time to fundraise!

I spent this weekend sending out my fundraising letter, and I am so gratified by the donations already starting to roll in. I am so inspired by the generosity I am already witnessing from people. It means so much knowing that people really support what I am doing. My goal is to raise at least $4,000, but I'd like to go beyond that. I feel a certain sense of responsibility as a cancer survivor to help prevent future generations of people from having to endure what I went through. The way I see it, thousands of people have run and raised money for LLS in the past. What if the drugs that sent me into remission were developed from those dollars? What if I am alive today because someone decided to step up and do something to stop cancer? What if I can now be that person for someone in the future???

I have never been so motivated in my life to achieve something. I am scared to death of the running part, but I know there is something deeper driving me. I know I am going to do it. I just know it.

In case any of you all missed my fundraising email, overlooked the link on facebook, and have essentially been hiding under a rock as I have been blabbering about it all over the place, here is the link to my webpage in the event you would like to make a donation: http://pages.teamintraining.org/txg/houston09/klilienstern

Going through this process has really brought up some emotions that I have buried just beneath the surface about all the cancer stuff. I boggles my mind that a year ago I was sick. I wish I could find words to describe what it is like to wake up every morning wondering if you are going to be able to beat the disease inside of you or if it is going to win. It's so scary to be 24 or 25 years old and have to seriously think about your mortality. As I said in my last post, I'm able to objectively talk about my cancer today, but it doesn't take digging too far to really stir up some emotions.

Alright, serious stuff over.

Just be aware, friends, that in upcoming months, I'll be trying to take your money :). I love you all for supporting me!!!

No comments: