Monday, July 14, 2008

Sunblock Application Lessons

I could really use one of those. Even after almost 26 years, I still haven't managed to master the finer points of sunblock application.

This weekend was river floating in New Braunfels, and it was awesome. I had been a river floating virgin, but now I wish I could go every weekend. The weather was perfect, I felt relaxed, the beer stayed cold.... it was just an ideal way to spend a weekend.

I'm a little lobsterish today, though. I am totally loving those new spray on sunscreens, but I missed a few spots. It leaves me with some very random circles of red around my body, which is mildly uncomfortable. I'm lucky enough to be blessed with olive skin, so the red will soon turn to tan..... but then I'll be left with weird tan lines. Oh well, I consider it a small sacrifice to the river floating Gods :).

I think the weekend was a success, we gossiped, talked about the wedding, ate penis cake, and drank lots. Sleep was something I didn't do a lot of, so I'm now starting my Monday under the weather.

Tomorrow night is my Team in training informational meeting, and I'm so excited. I think it's going to be really motivating and get me even more excited about running. Running is still seeming pretty daunting right now, but I've started my training, and while it's going to be a gradual process, I'm ready for the challenge.

No comments: